Monday, April 26, 2010

M.I.A 'Born Free' Video Premiere - Explicit/Graphic Version

British songwriter and visual artist M.I.A releases her short - film for the lead single 'Born Free' online today. The 9 minute mini movie directed by Romain Gavras, will shock many due to the cinematic graphic images of violence but I think it is a unique vision into the stark reality of what could be called a war like situation (note the mines) and the horriffying price you pay for being different to everyone else. It gives us an insight on M.I.A's thoughts of recent events which oddly enough, fits well with the song overall.

Because of the rather challenging visuals that this video contains, YouTube and M.I.A.'s label, Interscope/Universal Music Group, have already pulled it from the US and I'd say it won't take long for the rest of Europe to follow suit...

The as yet untitled 3rd album will be released in June.

See it below: and be warned - some viewers may find the video offensive (I also don't recommend watching the end of this while you eat!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment